KNIME update problem - Troubleshooting

Hi,
I’m not sure if this is the best place for my question. Basically, we realized that some of the HCS-Tools-nodes do not work properly with KNIME 4.1
But, we found out that this is just the case if 4.1 comes from a fresh download. Updating 4.0 does not cause this problem.
I had a look into the configuration settings and found the following entries which might give a hint what goes wrong. I will also attach the full configuration of a) KNIME 4.1 and b) KNIME 4.0 updated to 4.1

a)
de.mpicbg.knime.hcs.core (4.0.0.v201906200744) "Core functionality for the HCS Tools" [Starting]\

versus b)
de.mpicbg.knime.hcs.core (4.0.0.v201906200744) "Core functionality for the HCS Tools" [Active]\

and a)
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.poi (3.17.0.1) "org.apache.servicemix.bundles.poi" [Resolved]\

versus b)
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.poi (3.17.1.v20191217) "org.apache.servicemix.bundles.poi" [Resolved]\

The error-message of our node suggests that it has something to do with the POI-library.

4-1_download.txt (305.8 KB)
4-1_update.txt (418.8 KB)

I would appreciate if anybody of the KNIME people could help to troubleshoot and how to fix the problem.

Best,
Antje

1 Like

I was hoping for feedback. Anybody who can at least reproduce the problem?

Hi Antje,

I am very sorry that I lost track of this. I will email you to setup a call so that we can take a look this this together.

best,
Gabriel

3 Likes

Update

With upgrading to KNIME 4.1.1 the problem disappeared. I’m glad that the issue is solved now :slight_smile:
Thanks Gabriel, for your offer to look into it!

Antje

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.