KNIME Version difference - Batch Mode

Hello dear KNIME users and developers,

I have the following Situation: I create my workflows on my Windows machine. There I use the most recent version of the KNIME Analytics Platform. Also I do have a Linux Machine but there isn’t the newest version of KNIME installed (for reasons).

Sometimes I push the bigger workflows on this Linux machine so I can continue working on my windows machine. I’m using a script to start the workflow on the Linux machine in Batch mode.

The problem I have is the following: The versions of the workflows of the Windows machine are too new for the KNIME application on the Linux machine. Therefor I get the this Notification:
“ERROR main BatchExecutor Unsupported workflow version: Unable to load workflow, it was created with a future version of KNIME” (followed by the version numbers).

I know a manual “work-around” but it would be nice, if there is a way to stop the Linux machine to check, if the versions are different.

This is a part of the command I use for executing in Batch mode:
/opt/knime-latest/knime -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -reset -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir="…" -workflow.variable=“dir_path,Sieger,String”

In the future I want to send my preference file to execute some of these workflows on the Linux machine. Maybe there is a possibility to do something in there to do what I want to.

Any help would be welcome.

Greetings Torben

Hi @Feltor,

maybe i do not understand your question correctly… why not update or downgrade knime to the same version?
Depending an the different versions the workflow will fail anyways due to version differences?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.