knime webportal group creation

Hi Knime, I am using knime web portal for executing my workflows.
Can I create a subgroup inside a group?

Thanks,
Srinivas

1 Like

Hello,

As I understand your question, you are wanting to create subgroups like testgroup/alpha and testgroup/beta, correct?

Per [1], you can define users and groups, but cannot create subgroups. However, you can define as many groups as desired, which accomplishes the same effect.

If you have other questions, please provide the following for additional information/troubleshooting:

• What operating system is your KNIME software running on?
  • What version(s) of KNIME Server (KS) and KNIME Analytics Platform (AP) are being used?

Regards,
Nickolaus

[1] KNIME Server Administration Guide

1 Like

@NDekay thanks for the reply.

Do have any idea, in future knime releases you could add or propose the sub-group feature.
This will be very helpful for us if you could have this functionality

Thanks,
Srinivas

Hello,

I can put in a feature request, but it would be very helpful if you would clarify some additional information about your use-case - how you intend to use it, and why it would be helpful to you - so that I can include that in the feature request JIRA as justification for the feature.

Thank you,
Nickolaus

Sure @NDekay,
Instead of creating so many groups on the main page and create chaos, we should have a feature of sub group.
This will help us to maintain and monitor our groups at the subgroup level when we give permission to execute a different workflow to our stakeholders.

Thank you,
Srinivas

1 Like

Hello,

I have proposed a feature request designated WEBP-762. I am not able to give any potential timelines for its development, but if it is implemented, you may see it in future Changelogs.

Thank you,
Nickolaus

1 Like

Hi there!

another way how to solve this would be by connecting your KNIME Server to an existing authentication system like LDAP or ActiveDirectory.

Best, Iris

Hello @Iris.
I did not understand what do mean by connecting knime server to existing authentication system.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Hello,

For examples, please see [2]. It includes LDAP, AD, SSO with Kerberos/LDAP, and OID.

Regard,
Nickolaus

[2] KNIME Server Advanced Setup Guide