L3 course exam - unfair exam?

Hello KNIMErs

I have today passed by L3 KNIME certificate :slight_smile: … by the skin of my teeth.

I found the exam really hard (this is not in itself a bad thing). I felt it was really hard because the exam questions did not reflect the course content, so it was a bit unfair. It appears as if there was more than one L3 course at one point, this / these courses were removed and the exam wasn’t updated.

I don’t think KNIME would be happy with me posting examples of questions / subjects I felt wasn’t covered in the L3 course.

Question: Is there some way or someone I could highlight this too? Is there other L3 course I can not see in my dashboard?

Question: “by the skin of my teeth” is an English saying that basically means (in this context): I just passed by 1% / I was very close to failing - I know it doesn’t make sense!. There must be similar sayings in other languages, what are they?

Frank

one more thing …
Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post in

3 Likes

Congratulations @FrankColumbo you passend it “Met de hakken over de sloot”
Gr. Hans

3 Likes

Dear Frank,

Congratulations on passing the exam! :tada: And thank you for providing feedback on the exams. I’ll tag my colleague @Schalk to look into this once he is back from vacation next week! :+1:

Could you please clarify which course you have taken to prepare for the exam? Thanks!

Best regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Hello stelfrich

I have taken: L1 - DW, L1 - DS, L2 - DW, L2 - DS, L3 - PC

Frank

1 Like

Za dlaku! :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Congratulations @FrankColumbo at first on passing your L3-exam! And thank your very much for sharing your experiences. It is very meaningful for me and also for other KNIMErs, who is thinking about taking the L3 course to prepare for this exam. Which course should we take, for a successful exam-preparation? Are there any additional learning martrial, which can be helpful to pass the exam? etc.
I am looking forward to having any answers from Knime Team about this issue.

Have a nice day, KNIMErs.

Best regards,
Amei

1 Like

hello @stelfrich and @Schalk

I was downloading the course folders for L4 - TP and I saw this

at knime/Education – Courses – KNIME Community Hub

L3-DA and L3-PC KNIME server Course - Life Sciences are not in my catalogue https://knime.learnupon.com/catalog/courses

Could this be reason that I felt like some of the exam questions didn’t reflect the course content?

Frank

1 Like

That’s correct, those courses are not available as self-paced courses (yet).
We run them online instructor-led from time to time, you can check the schedule on this page under Online Courses.

L3-DA is actually scheduled for next week (May 8th - 12th). I recommend giving it a look if you are interested.
This course focuses on integrated deployment, testing, Data Apps development and productionization, orchestration and performance optimization. I must specify that this course is based on the new KNIME Business Hub, which eventually replaces the Server. We are currently working on an L3 Certification for KNIME Business Hub as well.

2 Likes

Hi @FrankColumbo,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for only coming back to you now, I was OoO. We are currently in the process of updating the L3 Exam Question pool.

Question: Is there some way or someone I could highlight this too?

Please send your detailed feedback to certification@knime.com, where I can pick up the ticket.

Thanks,
Schalk

2 Likes

The exams multichoice ( multi selection ) questions are tongue twisters and confusing … Doubt about the pass percentage of the candidates attempting . Tried twice and dont know how to clear the doubts too as i might do the same mistake .

Hi @AnilKS,

Sorry to hear about your frustration and thanks for the feedback. We are currently in the process of updating the L3 Exam Question Exam and will be releasing a new version soon.

Please send your detailed feedback to certification@knime.com, where I can pick up the ticket and continue the conversation there.

Thanks,
Schalk

1 Like

Hi @Schalk,

Any update on this? I am currently looking into the L3 certification. However, the prospect of a new question pool and/or a new certification altogether focused on the KNIME Business Hub make me uncertain about taking the certification straight away.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jan

Hi @JDDS,

Keep an eye out for official updates in the next couple of weeks.

If you can, then wait a little bit for the release.

Cheers,
Schalk

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.