Labs plugin-ins Installation

The following is a comment trail made earlier regarding the installation of the KNIME Labs plug-ins. Due to excessive spamming we have disabled the comments on the individual KNIME Labs pages and added this forum. In order to keep the information available for further use we are reposting the old comments.

The KNIME Team

Mon, 10/26/2009 - 13:06 — Ergonomist

Dear KNIMErs,

Any chance for an offline install package for your users behind firewalls?

Thanks,
E.

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 12:29 — knime_admin

See above: we added the download of the archived update site. Thank you for the hint!

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 13:50 — baj

I have now tried both methods (update from URL and from Archive).
When being behind a proxy one has to change File->preference-->General->Network Connections:
and then set the proxy settings. The name should not contain the "http://", just the IP address or hostname.
when working in the dev-environment those settings can be found under Window->Preferences...
With this the network configuration works.

When trying to add extensions I now get "Unexpected error encountered while preparing for the operation. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException. Profile id KNIMEProfile is not registered. This happens in ProfileChangeRequest.java createByProfileId.

Any idea on how to get this working?

Thanks,

Bernd

Tue, 10/27/2009 - 15:10 — baj

It seems to me that the checkbox "Include items that have already been installed" has something to do with this behavior. I just installed version KNIME Dev 2.1 on a fresh machine (64 bi linux compared to 32 bit windows xp). I added as VM arguments: -Dknime.expert.mode=true -Xmx8192M and -Dknime.expert.mode=true -Xmx1024M (for XP). Otherwise everything should be "normal".
Then I get a NullPointer exception upon trying to update KNIME (File->Update KNIME). After checkin the box mentioned above I get the illegalArgument Exception...
Hope this helps you..
B

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 11:50 — baj

It seems the problem is that I am trying to run the updater from a KNIME application rather than from the eclipse development environment. I was now able to install all the KNIME Labs components except for the Neighborgra & ParUni Feature (2.1.0.0023372).