Lat/long to geometry showing error

WARN Lat/Lon to Geometry 6:2 Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial_1.0.0.202212061406\src\main\python\src\nodes\conversion.py”, line 43, in validate_crs
parse_crs(crs)
File “C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial_1.0.0.202212061406\src\main\python\src\nodes\conversion.py”, line 50, in parse_crs
return pyp.CRS.from_user_input(crs)
File “C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial.channel.bin.win32.x86_64_1.0.0.202212061406\env\lib\site-packages\pyproj\crs\crs.py”, line 501, in from_user_input
return cls(value, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial.channel.bin.win32.x86_64_1.0.0.202212061406\env\lib\site-packages\pyproj\crs\crs.py”, line 348, in init
self._local.crs = _CRS(self.srs)
File “pyproj_crs.pyx”, line 2352, in pyproj._crs._CRS.init
pyproj.exceptions.CRSError: Invalid projection: epsg:4326: (Internal Proj Error: proj_create: no database context specified)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial_1.0.0.202212061406\src\main\python\src\nodes\conversion.py”, line 308, in configure
validate_crs(self.crs)
File “C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial_1.0.0.202212061406\src\main\python\src\nodes\conversion.py”, line 45, in validate_crs
raise knext.InvalidParametersError(str(error))
knime.extension.nodes.InvalidParametersError: Invalid projection: epsg:4326: (Internal Proj Error: proj_create: no database context specified)

WARN Lat/Lon to Geometry 6:2 Invalid projection: epsg:4326: (Internal Proj Error: proj_create: no database context specified)

Hello @AnilKS ,
can you please check if you have any PROJ environment variable set. To check this have a look at this tutorial.
Unfortunately, so far we haven’t figured out which program sets this variable and why? We assume that it is Postgres/PostGIS but we are not sure yet. Is PostGIS installed on the same machine the error occurs?
Thanks
Tobias

1 Like

I am getting the same message and can confirm that I have PostGIS installed and that it has set a PROJ_LIB variable.

I uninstalled PostGIS and the node now runs OK (traffic light goes green), although I get this message:
WARN Lat/Lon to Geometry 3:984 DataSpec generated by configure does not match spec after execution.

Mick

3 Likes

Hello Mick,
thanks for testing. We will investigate if we can prevent the KNIME nodes to use the environment variable (internal ticket number AP-19786).
We are aware of the warning message. This message appears if the type of one of the column changes e.g. from int to double or Geo(Point) to Geo. Most of the time the data types are compatible e.g. int can be represented as double and Geo includes Geo(Point) and you can ignore this warning. We are working on improving the type handling logic in KNIME to no longer warn if the column types are compatible (internal ticket numbers for this are AP-19589 and AP-19838).
Bye
Tobias

3 Likes

I was updating the latest version from the knime platform only and facing such error while i could get away with issue once i reinstalled the new version from scratch.

Anil

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @AnilKS ,
that is interesting. Thanks for the information. We will investigate what could be the reason for this behavior.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like