we got authentication working with openldap in Knime.
The ldap server locks a user when trying to connect too often with the wrong credentials.
It’s a manual task to provide the user with a new initial password, via an encrypted mail.
A webapp (as Workflow or .jsp WebApp in Tomcat) could be created as a self service.
The following steps were executed:
- A list of e-mail addresses of every ldap-user is provided.
- The user selects an e-mail address.
- A proceed Button is clicked ,consequently a random Number is sent to this e-mail address.
- The user has access to this e-mail and enters the random number in a field
- User proceeds by clicking the ‘generate initial Password’ Button , and can proceed if the right random number was entered.
- the webapp generates a new ldap-password ; tests if the login was successfull and in this case displays the passwort on the screen.
Can this be done in a workflow? , if not can a .jsp - application be installed on the Knime Tomcat Server ?
I have done simple .jsp WebApps (for the paginated display of table contend) in the past ; so this is not a too difficult task for me.