Legacy Quick forms

Hi,
I am trying to deploy a very old workflow on our new web portal (version 4.11.1). This workflow has legacy quickforms as inputs in a metanode (file upload nodes). When I publish this workflow on our web portal the execution fails. It is not displaying the controls to select the files as input. It is using the default file names used to develop the workflow and they are of course not available on the server. The same workflows worked under our Knime server version 4.10. Can I make it run without upgrading quick forms to widgets?
Thanks for your help?
Regards,
Claire

Hi @Claire -

Would it be possible for you to post a portion of the workflow demonstrating the problem? If you’d rather not post it here, you can email it to me directly at scott.fincher@knime.com. I’d like to put in front of our server folks and see if it’s a configuration issue, or rather a more general problem with backwards compatibility that we need to resolve.

Thanks!

Hi Claire,

Could you attempt to put the quick form node inside of a component and see if that fixes your issue?

Thanks,
Zack

Hi Zack,

Same problem. It does not display the quick forms for the selection of the input parameters. It uses the values set when developing the workflow (input files which of course do not exist here).
Regards,
Claire

Hi Zack,

Do you have any update regarding this issues? I have other old workflows which do not run under v4.11.2 due to the same problem.

Many thanks,
Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire,

I am testing with the Quickform nodes in 4.11.2 and am successfully able to get it to work by putting the node in a component. I am able to get the Webportal to allow me to input a file. Please see my very simple test workflow attached.

You may want to replace the old Quickform nodes from the old workflows with a new Quickform node from the node repository on Knime AP, and then try setting the default file to blank. All of this must be within a component to show allow the user to input the files on the Webportal. Quickforms.knwf (11.6 KB)

Hi Zack,
Your workflow works on our server. Nevertheless, the difference between your workflow and mine is that my workflow is using deprecated legacy quickforms where your workflow uses legacy quickforms. That means our very old workflows should be updated to run under 4.11 version.

Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire,

Yes, you should replace the deprecated nodes with the legacy nodes from 4.11 (4.2 respectively). Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Zack