Looking for the XLS Formatter Nodes

Looking for the XLS Formatter Node. I cannot find it when doing a search. Is this an add one I need.
Thanks
Scott

You need Continental nodes like the one

When you install it, whole Continental package will be installed.

6 Likes

Hi
I installed the NodePit but I still don’t see XLS Cell Formatter in my KNIME workspace? Am I missing something?
Thanks for your help,
Scott

Obviously, you have (accidentally?) added an invalid “Software Site” to KNIME. Suggest to fix this first: Go to Preferences -> Available Software Sites and remove the entry which contains the URL from the error message.

Afterwards, you can open the “NodePit” view by going to View -> Other, select “NodePit”. In the “NodePit” browser search for the desired node, scroll down to “Installation” and click the little grey download icon. All further steps should then happen automatically.

– Philipp

4 Likes

Thanks Phillip that worked for me
Appreciate your help

1 Like

Thanks for this information.
I got the example from NodePit and installed the Continental extension. But when restaring the the example I’m blocked. I receive again the message that I need to install the extension. The wizard then shows me the Conntinental package again. But I can’t proceed.
So I checked the installed extension and the Continental Package is already in the list !?

Continental Nodes for KNIME | 1.1.1.v202004151921 | com.continental.knime.feature.feature.group | Continental

What I’m doing wrong?

What KNIME version do you use, what’s OS? With 3.7.2 I had installation issues.

@izaychik63 I’m running KNIME 4.1.2 on Windows 10 Enterprise (Build 17134.1401) [64Bit].
Hopefully the 3.7.2 issue has already been solved.

Hi @knimediger,

can you try uninstalling the Continental extension and then re-installing it?
Or ideally try this with a fresh KNIME AP installation?

best,
Gabriel

2 Likes

@gab1one: Sorry I forgot to mention that I already tried the deinstallation and reinstallation of the Continental extension. Was not really successfull :frowning:
I will try to deinstall KNIME.Maybe that will solve the problem.

What I further checked was using the Continental extension on another computer. That worked fine and I was able to fiddle around with the XLS formatter. But that computer is slightly different: Running the same KNIME version but on Win8.1, (Build 9600).

Hi @knimediger,

Please let me know if the problem still persists, it should not be caused by the operating system version, but by the continental plugin itself.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

That solved the problem with the Continental node. KNime is up and running again and formatting xls sheets is quite nasty but working well.

2 Likes

Hi knimediger
Would you be willing to share your workflow.
Thanks
Scott

Hi there @sgilmour,

you can check workflow examples with Continental nodes here:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello sgilmour,

the workflow to format xls files is quite simple:
First you define ranges in the xls-sheet (e.g. A1…C55) with one or more xls control table from cell range https://nodepit.com/node/com.continental.knime.xlsformatter.xlscontroltablefromcellrange.XlsControlTableFromCellRangeNodeFactory
In order to define multiple ranges for different formats just use multiple of them and concatenate them.

In the second step you apply some type of format to a cell range (e.g. font attributes nodes, width/height nodes, …). These nodes use as input the cell range and can also be concatenated.
A cell range may be used multiple times (e.g format a1…a99 bold and set the width of a1…a99 to 50).

If all formats are assigned apply the xls-formatter (apply) node https://nodepit.com/node/com.continental.knime.xlsformatter.apply.XlsFormatterApplyNodeFactory to the output of the formats in steps 2. That node reads a xls file and creates another xls file.

HTH

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.