Lucene database file

Is it possible to open lucene database documents with knime. I saw a knime extension for lucene, but don't know how to access the same through nodes.

Thanks

Hi,

the Lucene nodes do not support the opening of existing Lucene database files. However we plan to add it in the future but the feature has currently a low priority and I do not know when it will be available,

Bye,

Tobias

Hi Tobias:

There is an KNIME extension point for Lucene Type.  Could you please clarify what it is about and its functions?

Thanks

Hi,

the extension type is used to translate between KNIME data types and Lucene document fields e.g. a KNIME DateAndTime data cell is converted into a long document field in Lucene. The extension point allows to add translators for 3rd party data types the plugin comes with translators for the basic type e.g. String, Double, Long, Int etc.

We are currently working on updating the Lucene library from 3.5 to version 4.9 which will involve changes in the extension point definition due to API changes in Lucene. We might also add a reader and writer for Lucene indices created in KNIME. However the nodes will only read/write KNIME Lucene indices since we need additional information about the index structure which are necessary for the data type translation. I guess the files will be the standard Lucene index directory plus an additional file that contains additional meta information that we need to process it in KNIME.

Bye,

Tobias

Dear Tobias:

Thanks for your detailed reply and some heads-up of your plans.  That helps.

I have been trying to get some annotation of texts done in Gate [General Architecture for Text Engineering] and then use the annotated documents in KNIME for further processing.  Especially, a verb chunker that I was using.  Hence, the query.

Thanks.

Dear Tobias:

Any update on this with the latest ver 3.0?

Sridhar Venu

Dear Tobias:

Any update on this?

In addition, I would like to know the following:

I will be generating TEI output from text file marked with annotations.  Is it possible to extract and use the annotation information in KNIME.  I can use either 2.12 or 3.0 version of KNIME.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort to clarify.

Sridhar Venugopal

Hello Sridhar,

we haven't followed up on the Lucene nodes due to the lack of available resources and it looks like as if this wonÄt change that soon.

Regarding TEI, do you mean Text Encoding Initiative? If that is the case and it is a XML format you can process it with the existing XML node within KNIME.

Bye,

Tobias