Make a report plug-in that states that a workflow was successful (or workflows - running in order)

Hi;
Make a report plug-in that states that a workflow was successful (or workflows - running in order)
I would like to make a report that I can monitor if the workflow fails or is interrupted.

I create workflows that work in sequence, and I want to follow up with a report on which one is the problem. Can I do that? How can I do it.

Can I make a plug-in to report that the end of the workflow has been completed successfully.

Thanks

Hi,

Sending an email in case of successful execution of the workflow is easy. Just use a “Send Email” node and connect the variable port of the last node to the Send Email node. So the email will be sent if all the nodes are executed successfully:
email0

But if you want to be notified in case of failed execution and get an email containing the error details, you can use Try and Catch Errors nodes like this:

In this workflow a Try node is used at the beginning and a Catch Errors at the the end of main workflow.
A table creator (node 174) to produce some “error” value in a column which has the same name as one the the original columns in the main output.
After that an IF Switch, then creating the message (in case of error, message contains failing node and its message) for the email and Send Email node at the end. (In case of successful execution you can use your table to include more information in the email)

execution report.knwf (35.9 KB)

Best,
Armin

solution

4 Likes

Hi; Armin @armingrudd
That was exactly the solution I wanted. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.