make the tabname in the nodeview editable

Hello together,
is it possible to make the tabname in the nodeview editable? Because I developed a node, which can dynamically add outputports and for each port I add a Tab. To know where this port is leads to in the workflow, I want to adapt the tabname for each single port.
Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Manuel

Hi @manuel-beyrle

I am not sure I quite understand you, do you want to add tabs to the node dialog? Can you share a screenshot of the UI part that you want to customize? This would make it easier to help you out.

best,
Gabriel

Hey Gabriel,

In the Screenshot you can see the Dialog of the node. I want to change there the name of the tabs. So, instead of “Workflow Settings 1”, “Workflow Settings 2”, etc. I want to change it for example to “PDF Workflow”, “Excel Workflow”, etc… And I want to do this in the Dialog and not in the source code.

best regards
Manuel

Hi @manuel-beyrle,

Ok I understand what you want to do now, hover I don’t have the best news for you. The tabs in NodeDialogPane are not designed to be renamed after creation. Therefore, you would need to implement your own tabbed interface using Swing, then you can rename tabs in reaction to user input.
Alternatively you can remove already created tabs and recreate them with a new name using the removeTab() and addTab functions.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi @gab1one
thank you for help. So, I think I won’t change anything.

best,
Manuel