Merging columns with same content but similarly spelled headers

Hello,

I want to concatenate several tables which have columns with same content but similarly spelled headers into one big summary table.

Example:
Table1: Column 1 Table 1, Column 2 Table 1, Column 3 Table 1
Table2: Col 1, Col 2, Col 3
Table3: Table 3 C1, Table 3 C2, Table 3 C3

Then I get a big table: Column 1 Table 1, Column 2 Table 1, Column 3 Table 1, Col 1, Col 2, Col 3, Table 3 C1, Table 3 C2, Table 3 C3

My goal:
Merged Column 1 (Column 1 Table 1, Col1, Table 3 C1), Merged Column 2 (Column 2 Table 1, Col2, Table 3 C2), Merged Column 3 (Column 3 Table 1, Col3, Table 3 C3)

Hello @vi_ci,

and welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

From the top of my head you can use one of following two options:

• create same headers for each table before concatenation. To do this use Extract Column Header node after each table and define your prefix (default is "Column ")
  • other option I had on my mind actually won’t work but I’m too lazy to modify my reply now :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi,
I receive the same type of data from different sources, but they have different column naming (for example one has amount another value,…) and different order.
I use “Insert Column Header” node the first table is the received data , the second table is the dictionary table which is used for replace old column names with new names. If in the future I receive data with new column names I just update the dictionary table.

Use the node in a loop and tables will be concatenated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.