Microsoft Authenticator node does not have the Client/certificate (OAuth2) authentication type

Currently, I’m using the Client/Application secret (OAuth2) option and it’s been working well. However, the server team at my workplace is asking me to strongly consider using a certificate. I believe the Client/certificate (OAuth2) authentication is not possible to do through the Microsoft Authentication node.

I hope that a Client/certificate (OAuth2) authentication can be added in the future. The certificate option is described on this page: Embed Power BI content in an embedded analytics application with service principal and an application secret - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve moved the topic to the Feedback & Ideas category where you and others can vote on it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Scott. From a compliance standpoint, my organization only supports certificate authentication for the Microsoft Authenticator node settings for mech id connectivity. I want to request that KNIME adds this as a feature to future releases. Thanks, Richard.