MongoDB Reader - Incompatible port spec, expected: MongoDBConnectionPortObjectSpec, actual: CiracorePortObjectSpec

I’m quite new to NODE Custom development. This is my experiment, I started to make my custom node which behavior similar to MongoDB Connector. My custom node had an output port containing ConnectionId.

When deploy to KNIME AP try to use it to connect with the existing KNIME node (KNIME Reader). I got a warning message “MongoDB Reader - Incompatible port spec, expected: MongoDBConnectionPortObjectSpec, actual: CiracorePortObjectSpec”.

I didn’t 100% understand Node Development. What should I do to fix this ?

TIA.

Hi @JosephKNIME,

The MongoDBReader does not support any other connector node but the one provided by KNIME itself and located in that extension. In general, implementing custom connectors for already existing extensions is an advanced topic. Can you tell us more what you intend to develop?

If you develop a custom connector, you will also need to develop a custom reader node that uses it.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.