MS Access DB - works fine for a while, then error "can't find xxxxx.mdb" ?

Trying to learn my way around databse usage and in conjunction with Knime.

Some basic stuff I got to work, using an MS Access database (Office 2010 package 66 bit, Win 7 64 bit, Knime 64 bit, 2.11.3). But after some fiddling around, suddenly I get the following error from e.g. DB Table Selector :

ERROR     Database Table Selector            Execute failed: Error while validating SQL query: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\KNIME_2.10.3\PostCDD_Export_from_20150924.mdb'.

Now the latter part is just odd, since my .accdb DB is installed in a different path (and connects to succesfully with DB connector). Using DB Table Connector instead gives same error as the Selector.

Most likely my SQL selection is faulty, but: this also happens if I revert to a previous correctly used SQL line.

One extreme workaround is to close all Knime, open Access, rename the table, close Access and open Knime again, but that isn't a viable solution.

Hi,

is it possible to provide us with an example flow that fails. Otherwise it would be helpful to now the exact settings of the Database Connector node e.g. which jdbc drive you use etc.

Thanks

Tobias

Do you know why this specific error can’t find xxxxx.mdb occurred in your access database? Well this specific error comes because of the following reason:
• Incomplete or corrupt download of Microsoft Access Software.
• Changes in the windows registry from recent database update can change .accdb Database Files.
• Windows system files or Microsoft Access related program files corrupted due to virus or malware infection.
• MS Access related files deleted accidently.

In order to resolve this MS Access DB error “can’t find xxxxx.mdb, i think you must try out the following fixes, mentioned in this blog.

7 Ways to Fix MS Access "Can't Find the Database You Specified (Error 2554)”

I think there is an issue with Access driver and/ or KNIME library. I’m getting this error constantly if I did not open the folder there DB is located. After path is cashed everything is working fine.