multiplying 3D image stack with 2D image mask

Hi,

I would like to multiply a 3D image stack with a single 2D binary image mask to exclude some regions of the image stack for further analysis. However when I check the "Adjust image dimensions if not compatible"-option in the image calculator node the final result of this multiplication is always a 2D image. It would be great to obtain an image stack as the result of that multiplication. Is there a way to get something like the "Virtually extend" functionality that works well for example in the labeling arithmetic node?

Best

Christian

Hi Christian,

did you try to change the order of your multiplication? e.g. instead of $ImageA$*$ImageB$ -> $ImageB$*$ImageA$? If this doesn't help you could additionally try to have a column resorter before the calculator node and you change the order of columns here.

The Image Calculator Node always takes the first image as the reference for "synchronization". So if your 2D Image is the "first" image, then the dimensions will be synchronized to 2D. That's why changing the order of in your equation may lead to the expected result.

I hope this helps!

Christian

Hi Christian,

The column resorter was the key. I had already tried without success to change the order of factors in the multiplication. But after resorting everything was fine. Thank you for your help!

Christian