New User - how to add column to data set

Hello All,
Very, very new user to KNIME. I have loaded my initial data set and that is about it hahaha. I want to add a column to my data set called “License type”. How would I go about doing this? Also, is there good tutorials out there for newbies?
Thanks!
Andrew

1 Like

Hi @josequirozramos1

Welcome to KNIME and KNIME Forum. There is lot of information available e.g. KNIME Hub and the KNIME learning hub. And there is this forum. See this simple workflow KNIME_project 1.knwf (13.6 KB) for adding a new column to your dataset.
Happy KNIMEing
gr. Hans

2 Likes

wait I did not post this:

I think my account and Andrews account are all mixed up!

@HansS perhaps you can help me with my question as well: Trying to catch a warning on KNIME web portal

Hi @josequirozramos1,

the two most straight forward ways are:

Populate constant
Assuming you’d like to populate the new column with a constant use the “Constant Value Column” node

Add value to column based on condition
I think that’s what you want to do. You might use a “Rule Engine” or a little bite fancier “Table Creator” in conjunction with a “String Replace (Dictionary)”. The static table can easily be replaced by a “File Reader” or even a “Google Sheets Reader” node adding full flexibility to your first workflow.

Cheers
Mike

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.