NGram Creator Node gives InitialValue:value(=3)must be within range [1...2] Error

Hi,

I could not get NGram Creator in a Workflow in KNIME 2.11.2 but I got Error:

The selected node could not be created due to following reason InitialValue:

value(=3)must be within range [1...2]

Surprisingly, in the prior workflows (eg. 2.10.0 and prior) also all NGram nodes can't be initialized and hence they do not appear in the workflows.

The node is there the Node Repository in KNIME but can't use the Node, however, its folder is missing in the plugins. The folder does appear in nodes/misc rather than in the nodes/frequencies folder in the related jar.

Best Regards,

Bhoomin Pandya

Hi Bhoomin,

have you installed to proper Textprocessing extension from KNIME labs? The proper NGram Creator node is located in the folder /Text Processing/Frequencies. Is it possible that you have a copy of that node installed?

Do you find the node in the directory /Text Processing/Frequencies? Could you please provide a small example workflow to reproduce the error.

Cheers, Kilian

Hi Kilian,

I appreciate your pioneering work and your kind help.   

My sincere apologies for delay in reply.

I can find only the the name of NGram Creator Node (ref image in the Zip Archive) in the KNIME Labs/Text Processing/Frequencies. When I try to use - it throws the same error. 

I am also enclosing two workflows for comparison (one original and the same I copied from my workbench) from KNIME_Webinar_TextMining_Oct2013.

Also I am enclosing the text processing 2.11.1 jar which appears in my plugins directory and has the NGram node folder appearing in the misc folder rather than in the frequencies folder.

My All upgrades are through the KNIME Updates (even upgrade from 2.11.1 to 2.11.2)  I have not loaded any plugins or jars myself neither I have modified the workflows (attached) myself. They are all original.

I remember that on one occassion earlier I had to move a node folder (I do not recall which one it was) in probably KNIME 2.9.x Zip version. I didn't have any problem in other intermittant versions.

Many Thanks,

Cheers,

Bhoomin Pandya

Hi Kilian,

I also tried moving the folder "ngram" from (folder "misc" the "src" of the jar) to folder "freqnencies" which doesn't work.

I tried unistalling the 2.10.0 based on which 2.11.2 was updated and installed latest exe 2.11.3. This version has the same problem.

I have Win 7 64 bit 4GB Machine with Java 7 JDK set as JAVA_HOME. 

I feebly remember that somewhere there was a mention that ngram creator node was no more distributed. But I am not sure. 

Cheers,

Bhoomin Pandya

Hi,

I can not reproduce the problem. On 2.11.x the worklfows are working fine and the node appears. Moving folders in your plugins folder of KNIME is definitely not the proper approach to deal with this. This will break the feature.The node is still supported and provided by the feature. Is the node still missing in a completely new installation with the textprocessing plugin as the only additional installed extension?

Cheers, Kilian

Hi Kilian,

The problem still persists with new installation of 2.11.3 exe.

The TextProcessing Extension is KNIME Textprocessing    2.11.1.0045686   

Best Regards,

Bhoomin Pandya

Hi Kilian,

I wish to inform that - with the past several updates that I tried manually for community contributions and nightly builds - miraculously the nGram works now.

Many Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Bhoomin Pandya

Hi Bhoomin,

thank you for the update. Good to hear that the node works again.

Cheers, Kilian