No Enum Constant Error on Table Reader

Hi Guys,

I am a total newbie on Knime and started to learn the basics. Tried doing EXAMPLES- 50 Applications-28 Prediction Delays(all of them). Downloaded the extensions that Knime suggested.

When I try to execute the whole system, there is an error consisting of “0:732:731 Execute failed: Unable to read meta information from file. Unable to parse “container.compression” property (“Gzip”): No enum constant org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat.CompressionFormat.GZİP”

My workspace’s in C:Users, Main Folder’s in C:Program Files. Downloaded KNIME Analytics Platform for Windows (installer) 64 bit.

What I should do?

Can you help me getting through with this?

Hi @Vettel,

welcome to the community, sorry for your inconveniences and the late response.

I’m already looking into the issue. I assume you’re running KNIME 4.0.2?

As I assume it is urgent that you can run that workflow. To do so, you could download the data from the website given in the annotation and read them in via the File Reader node. This video might be helpful Data Access in KNIME.

Best
Mark

Yes, I am running Knime 4.0.2, that’s correct.

Same error on Examples- 01 Data Access-01 Common Type Files-06 Table Reader and Example Workflows-Retail-Finding Association Rules for Market Basket Analysis.

I am waiting for your response. Thank you very much.

Hey @Vettel,

we are unable to reproduce the problem locally.

Could you please just run the table reader again and sent us the relevant part of your KNIME log ( View -> Open KNIME log).

The log is down below as text and screenshot.

2019-11-18 19:47:48,294 : ERROR : KNIME-Worker-0 : : Node : Table Reader : 2:732:731 : Execute failed: Unable to read meta information from file. Unable to parse “container.compression” property (“Gzip”): No enum constant org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat.CompressionFormat.GZÄ°P
java.io.IOException: Unable to read meta information from file. Unable to parse “container.compression” property (“Gzip”): No enum constant org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat.CompressionFormat.GZÄ°P
at org.knime.core.data.container.Buffer.(Buffer.java:693)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DataContainer$BufferCreator.createBuffer(DataContainer.java:1340)
at org.knime.core.data.container.CopyOnAccessTask.createBuffer(CopyOnAccessTask.java:242)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DataContainer.readFromStream(DataContainer.java:1067)
at org.knime.base.node.io.table.read.ReadTableNodeModel.extractTable(ReadTableNodeModel.java:268)
at org.knime.base.node.io.table.read.ReadTableNodeModel.execute(ReadTableNodeModel.java:199)
at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.execute(NodeModel.java:733)
at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.executeModel(NodeModel.java:567)
at org.knime.core.node.Node.invokeFullyNodeModelExecute(Node.java:1192)
at org.knime.core.node.Node.execute(Node.java:979)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NativeNodeContainer.performExecuteNode(NativeNodeContainer.java:559)
at org.knime.core.node.exec.LocalNodeExecutionJob.mainExecute(LocalNodeExecutionJob.java:95)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.internalRun(NodeExecutionJob.java:179)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.run(NodeExecutionJob.java:110)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContextImpl.runWithContext(ThreadUtils.java:328)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContext.run(ThreadUtils.java:204)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$MyFuture.run(ThreadPool.java:123)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:246)
Caused by: org.knime.core.node.InvalidSettingsException: Unable to parse “container.compression” property (“Gzip”): No enum constant org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat.CompressionFormat.GZÄ°P
at org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat$CompressionFormat.loadSettings(DefaultTableStoreFormat.java:233)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreReader.(DefaultTableStoreReader.java:105)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat.createReader(DefaultTableStoreFormat.java:310)
at org.knime.core.data.container.Buffer.initOutputReader(Buffer.java:1352)
at org.knime.core.data.container.Buffer.readMetaFromFile(Buffer.java:1340)
at org.knime.core.data.container.Buffer.(Buffer.java:686)
… 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat.CompressionFormat.GZÄ°P
at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:238)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat$CompressionFormat.valueOf(DefaultTableStoreFormat.java:1)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat$CompressionFormat.getCompressionFormat(DefaultTableStoreFormat.java:253)
at org.knime.core.data.container.DefaultTableStoreFormat$CompressionFormat.loadSettings(DefaultTableStoreFormat.java:231)
… 24 more

@Vettel,

thanks for your patience and help!

We just fixed the problem and be available early December with the release of KNIME 4.1.

If you can’t wait that long the nightly build can be found here

Best
Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.