Not able to see visualization when deployed to Knime server

I have the following workflow where I have a bar chart visualization.

I am able to deploy it to a Knime server and execute it successfully but am not able to see the Bar plot once the execution completes succesfully. I am able to see the Green Success message but am not able to see the Bar plot on the server. What am I missing here ?

0 Likes

Could you try to export your graphic? I think if you open a workflow directly from the server some results are not displayed.

Export could be something like the later part of this workflow.

0 Likes

Hi @sramesh,

Can you please describe how you are trying to view the visualization? Via WebPortal, or from opening the remote job?

Cheers,
Roland

0 Likes

I have deployed the Knime report on server and had run the job and was trying to view it from Knime web portal.

Like once the job is completed I was thinking it would show the visualization.

I had also tried having a image writer port in the work flow and had published it but am still not seeing any visualization after deploying and running the job on server

0 Likes

Hi @sramesh,

does capture you Bar Chart node into an Component helps? Right click the node -> Create Component …

gr
Hans

2 Likes

Tried encapsulating the bar chart into component, still not working.

0 Likes

Does it work on your local machine? Right click the component: Interactive View: results

1 Like

I am able to view it on the local machine, I am also able to export the image and save it locally. But I am not able to view it on the Server. I am able to deploy it to the server and even run it but am not able to view the graph once the workflow executes successfully.

0 Likes

Hi @sramesh

can you try to download this workflow from the hub https://hub.knime.com/knime/spaces/Examples/latest/09_Enterprise/02_WebPortal/07_Visualize_Scatterplot_on_file

Afterwards upload it to the server and test if this is working for you.

Best, Iris

0 Likes

I was able to download the workflow and it looked like I had to import a csv file to visualize a scatter plot and so I had imported a csv and was able to run the workflow on the local machine and get a scatter plot.

I had then deployed the workflow and ran it on the server and got the same result, it executed successfully on the server but does not display any plot.

I had tried to deploy other example visualizations on the server but am not able to produce a visualization on the server, Can you please let me know if there is any setting on the server that I need to check to get the plots ? like what am I missing here.

0 Likes

Can you please confirm whether the workflow was already executed when you started it on WebPortal? You need to save the workflow in a reset state in order for it to show visualizations on the WebPortal.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know that. I did not reset before deploying to the server which I did now and was able to view the visualization for the example scatterplot workflow.

However , I am trying to replicate the same workflow for a POC and am not able to get it to display the visualization. I have a file upload node which feeds into csv reader and does a scatter plot

I am able to run the workflow on the laptop, I took care to reset the workflow and then deploy to server , Then tried executing the workflow , am able to see a green success message but does not prompt for fileupload and does not display visualization.

I even took out the database reader node to make it closer to the scatter plot example but am still not able to generate the visualization. Any pointers here please ?

0 Likes

Hi @sramesh -

Looking at the outline pane, I don’t see any component inputs or outputs. So I’m guessing you haven’t wrapped the File Upload and viewer nodes into components, which is necessary for display in the Webportal.

3 Likes

That worked!. Thank you, I am able to upload a file and visualize the plots on Knime server.

1 Like