Numeric Outliers Node ERROR WorkflowEditor Could not save workflow:

In KNIME 3.7.2 I try to save WF with ~26 millions rows in Numeric Outliers Node summary port. It takes long time and finishes in error. Do not know if the same will be in 4.1.
PC has 8GB memory KNIME configured for 6GB. 7.5GBs are occupied. Platfor Win 7 Pro.

Hi,
What is the error you receive?
Kind regards
Alexander

ERROR WorkflowEditor Could not save workflow:

Hi,
but you also said that the node fails during execution, right? So what is the error there? During execution the workflow is only saved if you have enabled auto-save.
Kind regards
Alexander

Node did not fail. It did not allow to save WF.

Oh, my bad. Should learn to read properly :wink: Could you share the content of your KNIME log for the relevant time frame? You find it under View -> Open KNIME Log. I guess it is an OutOfMemory error, but would like to check.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

You are right. The error OutOfMemoeryError : GC overhead limit exceeded
Is it possible to fix it?

Hi,
I think the only good way to save the workflow is to reset it beforehand. Maybe you can manually save the result using a Table Writer first? 6GB might just not be enough for the amount of data you are handling.
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi @izaychik63,
a colleague just notified me that it might be beneficial for memory consumption if you select “Use heuristic” under “Quartile calculation” in the outlier node’s dialog. Can you try that?
Kind regards
Alexander

Thank you, Alexander. Use heuristic did not help in my case.

@izaychik63,

are you using group settings and if so can you verify that ‘Process groups in memory’ is not checked? If you’re using groups may I ask how many different groups you have?

10676 groups and 995 columns

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.