Online Course: [L2-DW] KNIME Analytics Platform for Data Wranglers: Advanced

This course builds on the KNIME Analytics Platform for Data Wranglers: Basics by introducing advanced concepts for building and automating workflows.

Course Focus
Learn all about flow variables, different workflow controls such as loops, switches, and how to catch errors. And lastly learn how to visualize your data, export your results, format your Excel tables, and look beyond data wrangling towards data science, training your first classification model.

This is an instructor-led course consisting of four, one hour online sessions run by one of our KNIME data scientists. Each session has an exercise for you to complete at home and together, we will go through the solution at the start of the following session. The course concludes with a 15-minute wrap-up session.

Course Content

• Session 1: Data visualization and data export
  • Session 2: Flow variables
  • Session 3: Workflow control
  • Session 4: Styling Excel tables and introduction to machine learning

If you are interested in signing up:

Hi Heather, tried to download the component “Interactive Data Cleaning” which was mentioned in the course, from Interactive Data Cleaning – KNIME Hub.
First I logged in, then I dragged the node into my computer
All I got is a node_pict

• I cannot double click
  • I cannot drag & drop
    Any suggestion

Hi gjoe4!
You need to drag and drop the component into the Workflow Editor - so if you have a workflow open you drag it into the editor showing the workflow.
Here’s a little gif.

1 Like

Thanks for instant response. I was just a few centimeters wrong :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, I have a question regarding KNIME’s “Publish selection events” as part of graphs, visuals and dashboards. Could you clarify what publishing means? Does that mean that the graphs/data I create in KNIME analytics platform could be seen by others, saved or found in a public space? Thank you for clarifying.

Hi @RobertB

It means publishing the selection event to other visualization nodes in the same component.

E.g. you have two scatter plots in one component with publish selection events activated. If you open the interactive view of the component and you select some values in one of the scatter plot then this selection is also propagated to the other scatter plot and the corresponding values are represented with bigger dots.

Kathrin

1 Like

@Kathrin Thank you for the detail. Do you have an answer to the second part of the question? Does publishing mean that graphs/data I create in KNIME analytics platform could be seen by others, saved or found in a public space? Or is “publishing” a term only, that describes creating a graph/dashboard? I just want to be sure that data/graphs is safe with the creator and does not show publicly.

@RobertB no, publishing doesn’t mean that your graph is available somewhere else. I will run the session tomorrow and happy to show a little example to make it clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile: This is helpful, and I look forward to your session tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

row filter trial.knwf (13.1 KB)
Here is a sample where I tried connecting the lower and upper to flow variable, but an error occurs

@Kathrin could you help with this question about the row filter?

Hi @justmattam,

that was almost correct :slight_smile:

Please see below a screenshot of the adjusted flow variable settings.

Cheers
Kathrin

Dear Knime Community

I am facing some difficulty with reading multiple excel files containing sheets in them. The read excel sheet names seem to be working correctly along with reading the sheets within a file. However the data of the second sheet is not getting appended in the final data file and was wondering how to overcome this issue. I have attached a sample file. (E.g. File 2010 has an extra sheet1 and file 2022 has an extra sheet too. But values from these files are not getting appended into the final file)
Multiplefilereading.knar (49.4 KB)

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Justin Mattam

@justmattam in this workflow it does work. I have forced the two columns that are sometimes empty to be read in as double. And also I have forced the use of NAME - since this bug ([bug or no bug ?] Excel Reader preconfigured work sheet selection options - #7 by mlauber71) seems not to have been resolved (AP-18133). Not sure if this has anything to do with it:

kn_forum_27716_excel_import_multiple_files.knar (78.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you mlauber71. What I figured out is that I need to preselect “Sheet with a name” checkbox in the Excel reader node and then it works. Will try to go through the solution you posted. Thank you once again.

1 Like