Open Street Map nodes issue

Dear community, maybe someone can support me with the next issue.

Recently i started regularely have problems with OSM nodes: Geo-Coordinate Row Filter and OSM Map View.

When i open maps in the nodes some of the areas are not showing - see screen:

There are no problems with internet connection.

Has someone experienced something similar or can suggest a solution?

BR,
Alex

I noticed this today myself. I’m not sure if the cause is on the Mapnik side of things or what - possible, since there was a big internet outage yesterday.

Switching from Mapnik to Cyclemap or Bing provides usable map imagery, though.

1 Like

Hi Scott.

Switching helps, thanks for advice.

By the way, Maplink is working better not, but still with issue.

BR,
Alex.

I have the same issue. Where in Knime can I switch to another map provider?

Thanks Jay

Hi Jay.

There is a dropdown menu on the top of node in view mode for that.

osm

BR,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Alex.

I’m in the Geo Coordinate Row Filter, and that node doesn’t have that button.

You are right, my screen relates to OSM Map View node.

As for the Geo… i play with zooming in and out to get more oк less full map view for selection.

Unfornunatelly do not know more sophisticated solutions :frowning:

BR,
Alex

1 Like

Hi @dmuphin -

I’m looking into this issue and will report back.

EDIT: It appears there has been a change to the OSM API. Our developers are on it. Sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

No problem - these things happen! Happy to see you’re working on it. It’s an important node for me!

1 Like

Hi Guys. Was there any update on this issue?

Hello @tvgknime -

We have come up with a fix for this that you can see in the nightly build. Basically, Mapnik doesn’t work any more, so we changed the default view of the nodes to use Wikimedia maps instead.

This change should be coming in the next version of KNIME AP - which is very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Scott.

That are the good news!
Thanks.

What about the possibility to switch mode in the Geo-Coordinate Row Filter?

BR,
Alex.

Hi @alex_never -

Yes, a tileset selector dialog has now been added to the Geo-Coordinate Row Filter node. :+1:

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread for bringing these issues to our attention!

2 Likes

Hi @ScottF . Thank you for your response. Just wanted to clarify few things.

1. When you mention that we can see the fix in the nightly build ,do you mean that it is already available or will be available in future as a part of nightly build?
  2. Is(will) the tileset selector dialog a part of the next version of Knime AP?

Appreciate your help in the process.

1 Like

Hi @tvgknime -

It’s in the nightly build now - I just tested it. All of these updates are scheduled to be included as part of the next version of KNIME AP, which will be 4.0. Cheers!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.