OpenMS KNIME 2.11.1 missing node requirements

When KNIME 2.11.1 starts it asks that an exe be downloaded for an OpenMS node requirement.  However there is an error when you run the installer.exe getting vcredist_x86.exe URL.

please advise, thanks,

mazzo

Hi,

have you tried installing the Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable manually?

http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=5555

The ProteoWizard dependency of the OpenMS nodes might also need Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 and .NET 4.

Cheers,

Julianus

Hi Julianus

I ran into the same problem but when I click “here” it leads to error 404. I cant get FeatureLinkerQT to work and I dont understand why.

Hi!

Hi! Yes, there was a move of the file server. I assume the URL for downloading the dependency installer package starts with “abibuilder.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de”? Please replace it with “abibuilder.cs.uni-tuebingen.de”.

Hi again,

Thank you so much for replying. I tried replacing the “https://abibuilder.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/archive/openms/OpenMSInstaller/PrerequisitesInstaller/OpenMS-2.5-prerequisites-installer.exe” link that the pop up gives me with your suggestion. I got a message that said “The requested URL /archive/openms/OpenMSInstaller/PrerequisitesInstaller/OpenMS-2.5-prerequisites-installer.exe was not found on this server.” but it did download the .exe

I tried to execute it but it said said error SSL support was not enabled for this installer.

Is there any way to get the missing nodes? I tried installing the OpenMS standalone program but it didnt help.

I attached a screen shot.

Again thank you so much for the help.

Hi!

Which update site are you using to install the OpenMS plugin?
2.5 is pretty old. We do not have an SSL installer for this version.

EDIT: OH nevermind I just saw, that the current version is still linking to the 2.5 installer. Please use the 2.7 one.

Here are all the possible installers:

Before 2.7 none were SSL enabled. 2.7 has one with and without SSL, and starting from 3.0 (in development) there will only be SSL installers.

Hi again,

Thank you. I got it all installed. I no longer have a warning I’m missing nodes. However I still cant run FeatureLinkerUnlabeledQT. I get an error “Error: Unexpected internal error (At least two maps must be given!)]” There is more there but I assume this is the problem. My source file is an mzXML of a single sample. I converted it to mzML using MSconvert.

I dont have a file to try out since the tutorial link is broken…

Hi!

Yes, linking only makes sense for more than one file. Which link is broken? Maybe I can update it?
The tutorial is here:
https://openms.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials-and-quickstart-guides/openms-user-tutorial.html

With data here:

Hey,

I still got the same problem. I installed the requirements manually from index - powered by h5ai v0.28.1 (https://larsjung.de/h5ai/) (I took the 2.7 version) but I still get the error of missing node requirements in KNIME.

Hi!

As long as the nodes work, there is nothing to worry about. This is just a Warning.
We cannot cover all possible registry entries on Windows. We removed the warning in the new version.

Hey,

Okay thank you. I tried downloading the example data and execute the workflow, but get the error “Execute failed: Cannot read from input file : C:.…(mzml file)”

Sometimes when you download on windows, it downloads the file as HTML. Make sure the file is really in the mzML format and you specified the correct location in the Input node.

The files are stored as xml. This should be okay, right? And the error message outputs the correct path to the file, as far as I see

So this is the log in KNIME

And this is the folder with the data:

Thanks for your time

Hi. Sorry but I don’t see the full paths in any of your screenshots. The first one misses the end, the second misses the beginning. Also, try not to have dots “.” in your folder. It is confusing since “.knwf” is usually the extension for a zipped KNIME workflow.

Hey,
Sorry for the missing information. So the path from the folder is C:\Users\jschneider\knime-workspace\Phosphoproteomics_ID.knwf\Example_data\PhosphoID

And okay I will remove the dot. It named the folder automatically, so I was not aware of it.

And this is the whole path from the log in KNIME:

ERROR Input Files 3:2 Execute failed: Cannot read from input file: C:\Users\jschneider\knime-workspace\Phosphoproteomics_ID.knwf\Example_data\PhosphoID\20120207_EXQ5_KiSh_SA_LabelFree_HeLa_Phospho_Nocodazole_rep1_Fr2_msconvert_centroid.mzML

Thanks for your time again

Hello again,

Should I better make a new thread and specify my problem again?

Thanks for your help