org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject

Hi,
When installed new extensions, KNIME cannot be opened.

Error message are as below,
An internal error has occurred.
org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.impl.ApplicationImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject

BR,
Reg

Dear @Reg_Jen,

can you give some information on which version of KNIME AP you are using, which extensions you installed before this error occured and maybe provide the respective log files?

Best,
Marten

Hi both

I also just got the same problem. I had opened Knime OK (v 4.0.1) and I saw the message box on the startup screen saying that there were three new extensions that I could update, so I clicked on that, agreed to the extensions (I think two were for core Knime stuff and one was for TextProcessing). It installed, asked to re-boot Knime, I agreed, it then took a long time to reboot (splash screen now said version 4.0.2, 01 October 2019 or something similar) but eventually opens with all the standard window panes there, but empty of content, and then eventually a message window comes up, as in OP’s case (Multiple Problems have occurred… Workbench Auto-Save Job… clicking on Details shows “An internal error has occurred.
org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.impl.ApplicationImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject”

Thanks for any advice, I guess maybe I should delete .metadata? Will also try changing heapspace in knime.ini.

Mike

Hi @Mick,

please provide a list of features currently installed on your KNIME Analytics Platform (via Help -> About KNIME AP -> Installation Details -> copy the listed extensions).

If I got it right you were on version 4.0.1 originally and all worked well, is that correct? Which OS are you using?

Best,
Marten

Hi Marten

Yes, I was using 4.0.1 and it was working good (over the past several weeks, at least).

When Knime opens now, unfortunately the menu does not show along the top. The various sub-windows / panes open, with titles like Console, Node Explorer etc, but there is nothing inside them. So I can’t easily send the list of extensions. I will try rebooting the computer in case that helps the menu to appear.

Actually, right now, since I deleted the .metadata folder, starting Knime cannot now get past the splash screen - in the sense that, after the logos of the various external nodes have marched across the splash screen, and the progress bar reaches completion, the whole Knime app then ‘disappears’ (i.e. no windows appear at all - nor any error messages).

In Task Explorer I can see that knime.exe is running behind the scenes, using no CPU, and up to 4 GB of RAM, but nothing is visible in the Windows front-end. Maybe I need to re-boot the computer, I will try to do that first. It is Win 10, 16 GB RAM, mobile-i7 processor laptop, with all other programmes switched off. The graphics power is weak though - sometimes it has problems displaying stuff, after a session of heavy usage of different apps etc.

Heap has been set to 8GB, I will try reducing it to 4GB and will try one last re-start of Knime before re-booting computer. By the way, where/which log should I provide - the one called .log in the Workbench/.metadata folder?
Mike

log.txt (14.2 KB)
Hi Marten - I attach the .log file from the workspace / .metadata folder, in case it is useful
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.