Parquet Nodes in Arm64 based Mac’s environment

Hello,

I describe my problem with Parquet nodes (Read/Write) in KNIME on Arm64 Mac environment.

In KNIME 4.6.4 or 4.7.X on Intel (with Rosetta) I have installed Big Data extensions:

• KNIME Column Storage (based on Apache Parquet)
  • KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats

And result is I have in KNIME 4.6.4 or 4.7.X on Intel (with Rosetta) Parquet nodes, see picture.

In KNIME 4.7.X on Arm64 I have installed Big Data extensions too, see picture:

• KNIME Column Storage (based on Apache Parquet)
  • KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats

But result is I have not Parquet nodes in KNIME 4.7.X on Arm64 see picture.

and I have errors in log, see picture.

My opinion is, that between KNIME 4.7.X on Arm64 environment and another KNIME environments is “some little different”, what installation of extensions do not detect as problem or do not change configuration of extensions for Arm64 environment correct.

Karel Simecek

1 Like

@ksimecek there is currently a bug with the version 4.7 and Apple Silicon that makes ist unusable unfortunately - tickets for that are open (AP-19894, AP-19918). Version 5.0 seems to have similar problems for the M1 and M2 chip versions. Solution currently is to use the Intel one - and miss out on the 20%+ speed improvement …

Hi,

We released a fix with 4.7.2 that should fix the Big Data installation on Arm64 Mac.

@ksimecek can you update and verify if this helps?

Cheers,
Sascha

2 Likes

Hello,

yes, update solved my problems.
Thank you for fix with 4.7.2 and actually is Big Data installation on ARM64 MAC OSX without problems. :slight_smile:
Parquet Reader and Writer are OK and I can to use it.

Bye.
Karel Simecek

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.