Paste where mouse points as default

Hi,

When pasting copied nodes using Ctrl-V they can end up anywhere on the canvas, which can be quite annoying when you have large workflows, you have to sear for the pasted node(s).

I found out that if you right-click somewhere and then choose Paste, the node ends up where the mouse pointer is. Would it be possible to make this the default behavior also when you use Ctrl-V for pasting?

Thanks/Evert

4 Likes

+1 for me for this.

This has been so annoying for me especially in huge workflows. I specifically move to the place in the workflow where I want to paste the copied nodes (and I still do this as a reflex/habit), but then when I CTRL+v, it’s pasted somewhere else.

@evert.homan_scilifelab.se , “I found out that if you right-click somewhere and then choose Paste, the node ends up where the mouse pointer is”, this one I did not know, thank you for pointing this out, at least I can make use of this in the mean time.

Hi folks - we have an existing ticket for this (AP-2168). I sympathize, it can be pretty annoying, especially if you’re not aware of the work around.

Sorry for the trouble!

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for letting us know there’s already a ticket for it. I really like keyboard shortcuts, so I’m a regular victim as well. :sweat_smile:

Can you add +1 from me? Maybe it will get fixed improved in one go with the zoom to cursor request :wink:

2 Likes