Pasting values into Table Editor overrides drop-down options

The apparent purpose of adding a column to the ‘Suggestion dropdown for columns’ list in the Table Editor node is to restrict the possible values to those already in the column’s domain. This is the effect it has if you try to type a value into the table. However, if you copy a value from elsewhere and paste it with Ctrl+V, you can insert any value you want into the table.

This would appear to be a bug, and is potentially a deal-breaker where it is essential to control the table input. Any indication of when it might be addressed would be appreciated.

More generally, it would be great to know if any other improvements are on the way for the to Table Editor – for example, the option to use the dropdowns truly as suggestions (akin to autocomplete functionality) rather than enforced options would be very useful. More and more of our clients are becoming interested in the data entry capability of KNIME, so improvements in this area could really open up new opportunities.

Hi @AngusVeitch,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve reported this as a bug and hopefully we will be able to correct this sometime in the near future. At this point in time I do not have a clear indication of when this bug will be addressed.

In regards to your suggested improvement of having the dropdowns for the Table Editor as suggestions rather than enforced options, I can bring this up to our development team. Thank you again for bringing this bug to our attention.

Cheers,
Dashiell

1 Like

Hi @AngusVeitch,

What version of the KNIME Analytics Platform are you using?

Cheers,
Dashiell

I tested this particular issue on both 4.5.2 and 4.6.

Hi @AngusVeitch,

I’ll make a note of the versions in the report on the bug. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Cheers,
Dashiell

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.