Potential deadlock in AWT Event Queue detected

I am facing a issue while opening a particular Java snippet in WF.

Console log says - "Potential deadlock in AWT Event Queue detected" and my CPU utilization goes over the roof reaching 95%+. everything get hanged till I end task Knime ! I am using Windows 10.

While opening any other node , even other Java snippet there is no issue. This particular Java snippet adds around new 68 columns after simple calculation on input.

In one of other post 'wiswedel' wrote-

"The log output says it's busy updating a UI component (to be more precise: to render a border). In those cases it's extremely helpful for the developers to know which node configuration dialog was open and how complex the input data is (in terms of #columns).

I know this thread is a few months old but in case for this particular problem (as per log output) it might help to use a different "look and feel", e.g. by adding this to the end of the knime.ini:

-Dswing.systemlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel  "

I tried this, but not solved issue

Regards,

Nikhil

You can send us the relevant part of your log file? It contains a stack trace below the "Potential deadlock" message which may help us to identify the problem.

Hi thor,

Please find attached logs. I first executed node and then triied to configure it (right click> Configure).

Regards,

Nikhil Mane

One more info- I used this same java snippets 8 times in a workflow at different stages.

Regards,

Nikhil

Would it be possible to also share the workflow, ideally a stripped-down version that shows the problem? The problem seems to be related to your number of columns but even if 68 is fairly large for the Java Snippte node it shouldn't take such a long time to validate the settings.

Hi thor,

Instaed of one java snippet adding 68 columns, I have created 4 nodes each adding ~15-17 columns.

Still problem is persistent !!! I tried using differnt workspace, differnt machine, 64GB RAM server ! But no help.. 

Entire WF is preety large.. I will try to give you stripped down version soon.

Meanwhile any luck from logs ?

Regards,

Nikhil

Hey thor,

Very sorry for very late reply !! :(

Actualy I found the work around. There were 200+ input columns which I expicitly selected for the calculations of 76 new columns. But now I used getCell() method instead of explicitly metioning input columns. Now there is no deadlock as such.

I read in some of other topic that we HAVE TO mention ouput columns explicitly.

Is there nothing such as setCel()?

I defined 76 outpout columns beforehand which i think could have been avoided by something like setCell().

Also if I have to define a column whose name I don't  know while creating Workflow(could have passed name as variable during batch mode mode execution) or to define 77th column, I can't do that.. Is there any way around of this?

Regards,

Nikhil