Presto DB Query

Hi

I can connect to a Presto Could based DB with the KNIME 4.0.2 DBConnector node but when I try to run a simple query I am getting the error below. Just wondering if anyone has seen or resolved this?

ERROR DB Query Reader 0:6 Exception reading data row: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: getNCharacterStream
ERROR DB Query Reader 0:6 Execute failed: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: getNCharacterStream

Regards

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
this error means that the JDBC driver you are using does not support a certain method that KNIME relies on to retrieve data from the Presto result set returned by a query. If you have a look at the driver’s source code here, it seems like a lot of things throw that error. KNIME needs to call the getNCharacterStream method, but the driver does not support it. I doubt there is anything that can be done here, but maybe @tobias.koetter, our database expert, has an idea?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your reply. I might try to use a different driver for the connection then that supports this method. Or maybe @tobias.koetter has a better idea?

Regards

Hi

Just a note that I was able to resolve this using an updated Presto drive and the DBConnector node.

Regards

Brendan

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.