I’ve tried to download the Python Integration extension both from KAP and by dragging and dropping and get this error message. I’ve reloaded the software sites and theat didn’t help. Others have had similar problems in the past. Any help would be appreciated.
Just had the same problem trying to download an update in the KAP.
do you by any chance see “PKIX path building failed” errors in the console view?
This would suggest that you are connecting to a web service that returns an untrusted certificate, which prevents KNIME from establishing a secure (https) connection to that service.
Since this is a connection to a KNIME service, which uses trusted certificates, you likely are behind a company proxy that replaces the SSL certificate.
To resolve this, you can try any of these:
- Assuming the proxy certificate is preconfigured in Windows by your IT, you can use the Windows trust store. To do so, add these two lines at the end of the knime.ini within the KNIME installation folder (while KNIME isn’t running):
- Import the required SSL certificate(s), see this video: Resolving Common KNIME Certificates Problems - YouTube
- The certificate would be provided by your companies IT or network team.
- Use http instead of https (unencrypted communication).
- For KNIME update sites, this is found under File > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites.
- Possibly change the proxy configuration you’re using (File > Preferences > General > Network Connections).
I’m not in a corporate environment. I think I’ve resolved the problem by disabling the Excel Support link. Have no idea why that was a problem.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.