Problem to install Text Processing Extension

Hello,

if I try to install the „text Processing“ extension i become @ about 45% download the error below. It looks likje a timeout. Do you have a solution ? Can I extend the timeout parameter in KNIME?

Thank you,

Robertoimage

Hi,
can you try changing your eclipse.ini in your KNIME installation folder? There should be a line saying -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=0. Can you change that 0 to something high, e.g. 30000, and see if that helps?
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hallo,

I think that a firewall/virusscan blocked the installation of org.apache.solr.solrj_6.6.0.jar
If I try to download it with chrome browser the process stopped with a warning
image.
May be that this warnig stopped the installation with Knime-Extensions Utility ? Do you have a workaround to install this extension manually ?

Thank you,
Roberto

Hi @tebaldir,

possibly. What you can do is try to install it from a local zip file. Check last paragraph from here on how to do that.

Br,
Ivan

Hi,

yes, local intallation works. I have to use it this workaround, I can’t deactivate firewall/Virusscan.
A nice Improvement would be to check if the system during installation gives a response/question to go on.
For Enterprise use it is necessary because in most cases users are not allowed to deactivate it.

Thank you,
Roberto

1 Like

Hi @tebaldir,

glad it works. Have you tried configuring proxy in KNIME? https://www.knime.com/faq#q24

Br,
Ivan

yes. Proxy are configured. Without Proxy Configuration has KNIME no access to Internet.
I Think that the Problem is a Virus-protection not the Proxy.

Roberto

Hi @tebaldir,

yep. Makes sense what you are saying. Regarding your idea that system gives a response/question don’t think it is possible but will forward it and maybe some improvements will come :wink:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.