Problem with offline install of knime extensions

Hi,
I am trying to run an old script that was built with version 4.5.1 of knime. I cant do automatic updates and need to use that version. I have downloaded the standalone zip file for both the app and the community extenstion plugins. However after install it wont run as it says its missing the following plugins: I had presumed these basic PDF reader etc plugins were in the community setup. How do I find them to add ? thanks!

Log file is located at: C:\temp.metadata\knime\knime.log
WARN MISSING PDF Parser 0:991 Node can’t be executed - Node “PDF Parser” not available from extension “KNIME Textprocessing” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.ext.textprocessing” is not installed)
WARN MISSING PDF Parser 0:992 Node can’t be executed - Node “PDF Parser” not available from extension “KNIME Textprocessing” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.ext.textprocessing” is not installed)
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Errors during load: Status: Error: SAMETA 0 loaded with errors
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: SAMETA 0
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Node “PDF Parser” not available from extension “KNIME Textprocessing” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.ext.textprocessing” is not installed)
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Node “PDF Parser” not available from extension “KNIME Textprocessing” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.ext.textprocessing” is not installed)
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Node “Column Expressions” not available from extension “KNIME Expressions” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.expressions.base” is not installed)
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Node “Column Expressions” not available from extension “KNIME Expressions” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.expressions.base” is not installed)
ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Node “Document Data Extractor” not available from extension “KNIME Textprocessing” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.ext.textprocessing” is not installed)
ERROR InstallMissingNodesJob Could not create provisioning agent: Unable to read repository at https://update.knime.com/community-contributions/trusted/4.5/content.xml.

Hi @gerdon & welcome to the KNIME community forum

Is it possible for you to upload here the workflow you need to run ? It would make it much easier for us to figure out which plugins you need to install, try to replicate their installation on a 4.5.1 KNIME version on our end, and then provide assistance on how to do it if we are successful.

Thanks
Ael

1 Like

Thanks,
By running the install on a non firewalled pc I identified the plugins needed and copied over the plugin folder to the firewalled machine this solved the issue. It’s odd that in the community plugins zip it doesn’t contain these core plugins?

The missing extensions are not part of the Community Extensions, they are “standard” extensions. Hence you also don’t find them in the Community Extensions zip file.

Thanks, is there anyway to download them offline from the std extension set. IE does Knime provide an offline zip file for standard extensions, as it appears the firewall blocks download via http link.

https://update.knime.com/analytics-platform/UpdateSite_latest47.zip
You can change the number in the URL for other versions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.