Problem with Random Forest Learner (Regression): flow variable for minimum child and node size (KNIME 4.3.2 linux)

Hi!
I’m relatively new in Knime. I am trying to optimize the parameter “minimum node size” of the Random Forest Learner (Regression) node using flow variables and a parameter optimization loop. When I configure the flow variables of the RFL an error appears with the message “errors loading flow variables into node: Invalid minimum child size (2); must be at most 2 x minimum node size (2)” which obviously 2 < 2x2, so at least the message error is incorrect.

Thanks in advance
David

Hi @davidrialfigols and welcome to the forum. Sorry for letting this one fall off the radar a little bit.

I checked and am able to reproduce the warning message that you are seeing. I also noticed that strangely there are two flow variables in the Random Forest Learner - minNodeSize and minChildSize - but only one of those has a corresponding option in the configuration dialog. This is probably a holdover from the Tree Ensemble Learner.

At any rate, it looks like there are some issues we need to tidy up with this node. Thanks for your feedback!

EDIT: Ticket created (AP-16533).

2 Likes

Hello @ScottF

Is this issue now fixed in RF learner (Regression)? I am also having the same problem now.

Thanks

Hi @sudheerkopparapu -

Sorry for the trouble. I checked the ticket, but there is not progress to report yet. We will sure to post in this thread if there is an update.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.