Problem with String Manipulation node

Hey folks,

I think I found a bug in the String Manipulation node. The usage of an equal sign is also removing the subsequent character.

Please see the attached screenshot and workflow!


Well I just learned something :)

removeChars will remove any of the characters in the string argument.  What you probably want to do instead is something like: replace($a$, "Ensembl=", "")

Yes, I solved the issue using the replace function.

I would say the 3rd example in the description of the removeChars function is a little bit misleading. ;-)

I see what you mean, also that it is somewhat obscure and above the replace function probably didn't help.