I’m having issues connecting to a Microsoft Access Database.
Following error pops up: ERROR Microsoft Access Connector 3:3 Execute failed: UCAExc:::4.0.4 user lacks privilege or object not found: TBL_SUPPLIER_AP.
The funny thing is that this is a table from another Access Database which is linked to this. Maybe that is the issue, can KNIME handle linked Access Databases?
Anyone any experience with this?
I think the linking is handled solely within the DB, so that that likely isn’t the issue.
Maybe some small detail in the query isn’t how the DB wants it, e.g. you could try adding quotes around the table as such: “TBL_SUPPLIER_AP”.
Maybe there also is a missing or superfluous comma or similar? Is it possible to share the (anonymized) query you are trying to run?
Thanks for the reply.
I didn’t get any further than the Acces connector Node.
I solved it momentarily by merging both access databases to one singe database. Without the link it works like a charm without changing any query in the database itself. So I don’t think the issue lies in the queries…
I’m glad that works for now in your case. Given only the error, it really does look like subtle changes to the query or even DB name (as here) may solve the issue.
Should it be related to the database driver we are using: this might be solved by a driver update we plan to do with KNIME 4.6.
I’ll let you know if I make any other findings.
You keep hinting that a change in table name or query would resolve the issue, but now it works without changing table names or queries. So would the error not persist even after merging the DBs, if that was the issue?
so far, I’m suggesting this solely of the error message (specifically the part “
UCAExc:::4.0.4 user lacks privilege or object not found”). In my searches, this error was usually solved by subtle query changes and not by changing DB permissions. Hence, I believe this may be the issue here.
I agree that it working by simply merging the DBs is odd. That may also be an issue with the driver, though I didn’t see anything that sounded similar in the changelog. However, linked DBs may also behave differently than a single DB. I haven’t worked with them myself, so I’m not sure if or what syntax changes may be required.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.