Problems exporting implemented node repository

Hello, I am implementing a node repository consisting of 3 nodes. When I run them from the KNIME SDK they display correctly in the repository, but exporting them to add them to the Knime plugins shows me these errors and is not added to the node repository in KNIME.
• ERROR RepositoryManager Node cujae.edu.cu.optimization.FMNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘cujae.edu.cu.optimization.FMNodePlugin’ could not be created: Can’t load factory class for node: cujae.edu.cu.optimization.FMNodeFactory The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!
• ERROR RepositoryManager Node cujae.edu.cu.adjustment.AdjustmentFMNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘cujae.edu.cu.optimization.FMNodePlugin’ could not be created: Can’t load factory class for node: cujae.edu.cu.adjustment.AdjustmentFMNodeFactory The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!
• ERROR RepositoryManager Node cujae.edu.cu.predictor.PredictorNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘cujae.edu.cu.optimization.FMNodePlugin’ could not be created: Can’t load factory class for node: cujae.edu.cu.predictor.PredictorNodeFactory The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!
I don’t know if I will have any problems in the configuration.
Untitled

How are you exporting them from Eclipse? How are you installing them in your desktop KNIME application?

To export it I select Export, then I select: Desployable plug-ins and fragments. I select the plugin, insert the address where it will be exported and finish. Then I add that .jar in Knime / plugins and open the Knime desktop and I get those errors.

You shouldn’t put those into plugins, which is where Eclipse manages its installed software; you should put those sorts of things in dropins. (Historically, i’ve had very poor success getting Eclipse to be happy once i’ve messed with the plugins directory.)

Thanks. But, I removed it from the Knime / plugins directory and added it to Knime / droping and the nodes still don’t appear and I keep getting the same errors.

Hi @Taday,

The error you posted indicates that KNIME AP locates your plugin, however it is not able to activate / start them. Most likely because of a dependency or buildpath issue. To investigate this further try the following:

1. Start AP from your terminal with added -console parameter: ./knime -console
  2. After the AP is started you can access the OSGI console in that terminal (indicated by osgi> [you might need to press enter for the prompt to appear])
  3. Enter ss to get a list of discovered bundles, locate the id of your extension, this is the number at the start (344) in the following example.
344	RESOLVED    org.eclipse.ui.externaltools_3.4.0.v20161212-0515
  1. Now you can try starting that extension with start $ID, in this case start 344 Now you should get more detailed errors on why the activation failed.

best,
Gabriel

Hi I try Knime AP with ./knime -console, and Start Knime. But I can’t find OSGI in the Knime AP.

Hi @Taday,
the osgi terminal appears in the console window where you started the KNIME AP from, not in the AP.
best,
Gabriel

I did that

Hi @Taday,

this means the bundle activator class can not be loaded. Can you share the source code of your extension? Then we can take a look at it and maybe identify the cause of this issue?

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

What classes or packages would you need?

This is most likely a problem with the plugin configuration files, MANIFEST.MF / build.properties and plugin.xml

2 Likes

I checked each file well by turning to a sample one and apparently had a problem. The problem was in the plugin.xlm file, although I don’t know for sure what it was. Thanks for your help.