Properties lost through serialization?

Hi

I'm working on a node to run SMARTCyp and wish to output a cell which has annotations (rankings for the site of metabolism prediction). 

Unfortunately it looks like properties aren't serialized in the CDKCell3 (I assume this is what I should be using). Is there a way of keeping the properties or would I have to implement my own CDKCell? 

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

properties or flags are currently not serialized in the CDKCell3, only the SMILES tring and meta information such as atom- or bond-highlights.

To store CDK AtomContainer properties you can either extend the CDKCell3 -- in which case it would be great if you could push the changes back into the main KNIME-CDK repository, also to avoid 'cloned' plug-ins that might interfer with each other -- or append the rankings for the site of metabolism prediction as separate cells in the same row, e.g. as StringCell or Collection.

Implementing a separate custom CDKCell would the least favorable option as that effectively creates a branch in the project, which might diverge in the future and lead to compatibility issues.

Cheers

Stephan

Hi Stephan

Seems I forgot to hit save on my reply. 

If I extend the CDKCell3 I will of course share my changes. I opted to output an image with the rendering of the result as these values aren't required for anything else down stream. 

Cheers

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.