Python nodes all gone

Hi community, I have a pretty worrying situation, opened a workflow to discover all my Python nodes have disappeared, and the folder containing all my scripts have all gone. I don’t know what triggered that. Any python nodes i try to drag onto knime give me an error “Selected node could not be created with reason being null”. I checked the KNIME\plugins\org.knime.python2_3.7.2.v201904170931\py folder and couldn’t find my scripts anymore.
Hope someone can help.

Hi @adjrock,

Could you please upload your knime.log file? Are you using KNIME Analytics Platform 3.7.2 as indicated by the name of the plug-in directory?

Marcel

Hi Marcel, yes, I was using 3.7.2, but I’ve updated and re-install Python extension which fixed the problem, although the old folder that contained some Py script was just removed. Since updating, I noticed that the log was cleared out for 3.7 being replaced by 4.1

Hi @adjrock,

Glad to hear that at least the problem of the missing Python nodes has been resolved.
Still, I am sorry that you have lost your script files. The plugins directory is managed by KNIME’s updater which does not expect any user files to reside in there. Is there any reason why you put them there? (For example, because you wanted to have them on Python’s module search path?) Then we could try to find some alternative solution for that and/or devise a feature request to make working with external script files easier in KNIME.

Is there any chance that there is a file named knime.log.old.gz or the like in your workspace directory (<your-workspace>\.metadata\knime\knime.log.old.gz)? Additionally, the .log file located at <your-workspace>\.metadata\.log could also contain helpful information.

Marcel

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.