Qlik Sense Extension for Knime

Hello Everyone,
Is there an available node to connect knime directly with Qlik Sense?
Something like this node should be able to generate qvd files which is native to qlik sense.
I saw a node developed for tableau and was wondering whether we have something similar for Qlik Sense​:smiley::pray:

Regards,
Akhil Desai

Hello :wave:

There is an extension to read and write QVX files,… does that help?

https://hub.knime.com/qvx123/extensions/us.analytiq.knime.qvx.feature/latest

Best,

Christian

1 Like

Hello @christian.dietz

I tried to import this qlik extension to knime and it seems this extension is gone. It is not possible to work with it anymore.

Any idea what could happen?

Thank you

Jiri

Hello @akhildesa92,

did you solve the problem how to connect knime with qlik?

It would be the best receive knime output directly in qvd format. What do you think?

Thank you in advance

Jiri

Hi @sm0lda, what do you mean with that? Were you not able to install the extension successfully?

I am not familiar with the qlik ecosystem, what are the benefits of the qvd format over qvx?

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hello @gab1one,

If I open https://hub.knime.com/qvx123/extensions/us.analytiq.knime.qvx.feature/latest

and try import to KNIME i receive this error message:

it seems like the extension is not located on its place anymore.

What do you think?

Thank you

Jiri

At the end I managed it, but anyway it doesn’t work correctly.

Always get this error:

ERROR QVX Writer 0:862 Execute failed: (“ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException”): null

Text from KNIME log:
2020-08-13 09:40:27,680 : ERROR : KNIME-Worker-5-QVX Writer 0:862 : : Node : QVX Writer : 0:862 : Execute failed: (“ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException”): -1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at us.analytiq.knime.qvx.writer.QvxWriter.insertInto(QvxWriter.java:398)
at us.analytiq.knime.qvx.writer.QvxWriter.writeBody(QvxWriter.java:171)
at us.analytiq.knime.qvx.writer.QvxWriter.writeQvxFile(QvxWriter.java:78)
at us.analytiq.knime.qvx.writer.QvxWriterNodeModel.writeQvxFile(QvxWriterNodeModel.java:70)
at us.analytiq.knime.qvx.writer.QvxWriterNodeModel.execute(QvxWriterNodeModel.java:56)
at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.execute(NodeModel.java:747)
at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.executeModel(NodeModel.java:576)
at org.knime.core.node.Node.invokeFullyNodeModelExecute(Node.java:1236)
at org.knime.core.node.Node.execute(Node.java:1016)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NativeNodeContainer.performExecuteNode(NativeNodeContainer.java:558)
at org.knime.core.node.exec.LocalNodeExecutionJob.mainExecute(LocalNodeExecutionJob.java:95)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.internalRun(NodeExecutionJob.java:201)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.run(NodeExecutionJob.java:117)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContextImpl.runWithContext(ThreadUtils.java:334)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContext.run(ThreadUtils.java:210)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$MyFuture.run(ThreadPool.java:123)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:246)

any idea why? i tried to play with all options in QVX Writer Node, but no success.

Thank you

I am sorry that the error message is a bit confusing, this extension is located on the Community Extensions (Experimental) update site which is not enabled by default. It seems like you were able to enable it though.

The issue you are describing looks like a bug in the code. Can you confirm this is happening for all kinds of data for you or only a specific table?

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Yes you are right I managed to install it.

This error is not happened all the time. Only for some huge tables (with 150 columns). But it is strange from my POV.

Sometimes data types of headers are not correctly recognized. Please check picture bellow:

Not recognized column data type:

real situation is type double:

and I have plenty similar inconsistencies like this.

But qlik node bug is not caused just by this problem. Even if all columns are correctly recognized the qlik writer doesn’t work

Thank you

Jiri

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.