R integration - please help me getting it to work

Hi all,

I just installed KNIME Analytics Platform 3.2 with extensions "KNIME R Scripting" and "KNIME R Statistics Integration (Windows Binaries)" on Windows 7 x64 and can't get it to work.

In KNIME R Settings, "Path to R Home" is set to default (c:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.ext.r3.bin.win32.x86_3.0.3.v201508240951\R-Inst\)

But when I insert an R Source or load 01_Example_of_R_Snipped, the nodes give me

R cannot be initialized.
Cannot determine major version of R. Please check the R installation defined in the KNIME preferences.

How can I track this down? I found nothing related to R extension in error log.

Besides that, I'm having GNU R 3.2 and Microsoft R Open 3.3 running flawlessly together with RStudio on my machine...

And no: there are no R binaries to be found via PATH environment variable which could interfere with KNIME...

I also tried "KNIME R-Scripting Community Extension". But the KNIME Run-Button keeps being grayed out and the traffic light of the R Snippet node is red. (And yes: I did start an R process, loaded Rserve and executed Rserve() on localhost with standard port 6311 - as being configured in KNIME R-Scripting settings.)

Cheers,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

you need to install KNIME Interactive R Statistics Integration. This is our R Integration.

Best, Iris