R View Node Error: unable to start device PNG

Hi All,

I have recently installed latest version of Knime Analytics Platform i.e. 4.7.2 and I have Knime Server 4.16.3.
When I execute the R scripting example workflow (01_Example_of_R_Snippet) on Analytics platform, the workflow runs successfully, when I execute from WebPortal after deploying it to server, it runs successfully.
But, when I execute it on Knime Server from Knime Analytics Platform then It fails with below error.

2023-04-22 18:17:18,492 : ERROR : KNIME-Worker-20-R View (Workspace) 3:26 : a66eee55-644f-4488-8c63-f229e22f9f5d : Node : R View (Workspace) : 3:26 : Execute failed: Error in R code:
Error: unable to start device PNG
Error: cannot shut down device 1 (the null device)
org.knime.r.controller.IRController$RException: Error in R code:
Error: cannot shut down device 1 (the null device)
at org.knime.r.RSnippetNodeModel.runRScript(RSnippetNodeModel.java:318)
at org.knime.r.RSnippetNodeModel.executeSnippet(RSnippetNodeModel.java:244)
at org.knime.r.RSnippetNodeModel.executeSnippet(RSnippetNodeModel.java:208)
at org.knime.r.RSnippetNodeModel.executeInternal(RSnippetNodeModel.java:166)
at org.knime.r.RSnippetNodeModel.execute(RSnippetNodeModel.java:154)
at org.knime.r.RViewNodeModel.execute(RViewNodeModel.java:108)
at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.executeModel(NodeModel.java:549)
at org.knime.core.node.Node.invokeFullyNodeModelExecute(Node.java:1267)
at org.knime.core.node.Node.execute(Node.java:1041)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NativeNodeContainer.performExecuteNode(NativeNodeContainer.java:595)
at org.knime.core.node.exec.LocalNodeExecutionJob.mainExecute(LocalNodeExecutionJob.java:98)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.internalRun(NodeExecutionJob.java:201)
at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.run(NodeExecutionJob.java:117)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContextImpl.runWithContext(ThreadUtils.java:367)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContext.run(ThreadUtils.java:221)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$MyFuture.run(ThreadPool.java:123)
at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:246)

I am unable to see the boxplot and it shows above error. I have installed R and all the required packages. I tried multiple version of R but was unsuccessful, please do suggest if anybody has faced similar error and how do we resolve it.

Hi @devkumar ,
Welcome to the KNIME community!

Would it be possible for you to share the workflow or a dummy workflow if the data is confidential so that we could look at the R Script?

Thanks,
Sanket

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.