RapidMiner 7.2 integration is available in Community contributions nightly build

Hello,

Those who want to try an another tool for data mining -similar to KNIME, but with limitations/different features-, they are welcome to give the updated RapidMiner integration for KNIME a chance and tell where they would like to be improved. The update site for the nightlies are available here: http://update.knime.org/community-contributions/trunk (please do not follow in case it becomes a link, just add it as an update site).

There were some problems with the previous versions (stable for KNIME 3.2 is based on 5.3.15)*, so there were significant changes since. I would recommend using a separate KNIME installation for testing as it will be hard to go back to the stable version if you are already using it. (I have tested with older workflows and they seem to work with 7.2 too, but cannot be sure because of multiple major version changes.) The 7.2 version is still lacking some versions that were available in 5.3 (mostly data input), so even free version of RapidMiner users probably find this useful (KNIME supports most of them, some of them even better). :)

If you could share your experience, what would you like to change, which RapidMiner extensions** you would like to get better supported feel free to leave a comment in this topic, or send an email to info@mind-era.com.

Cheers, gabor

*: From 5.3.15 till 6.5 it was closed source, 7.0 and 7.1 were required some changes which I failed to adjust the continuous integration. So basically only 6.5, 7.0 and 7.1 were not available for KNIME.

**: You should install them to your desktop RapidMiner Studio 7.2 and those should be visible in the integration too.

Hi Gabor,

Just tried the nightly/trunk extension in KNIME 3.3.2 and it won't show up in my node repo -- is that just bad luck or a known issue?

Many thanks,
E