RDKit One Component Reaction

I am trying to use RDKit to standardize structures and am having trouble.  For example, If i have a molfile for Me2S+-O-, I want to convert it to M22S=O.  I tried this for the Reaction SMARTs:  [O-][S+](-*)-*>>*-S(=O)-*

The output molecule was then this R(v1)-S(=O)-R(v1) [after conversion of product to molfile).  The methyls (or ethly, ...) are converted to generic R.  What am I doing wrong?  The RDK Product column says "Painting failed for [*]S([*]=O" but it converts ok to the molfile for  R(v1)-S(=O)-R(v1) ok. 

(It also looks like RDKIt does some autoconversions, e.g., PhN(=O)=O to PhN+(+O)-O-  but I see that in the Molecular Sanitization section in RDKit Book.

Thanks

I got the RDKIt One Component Reaction to fix the RS+(O-)R’ to RS(=O)R’  with a few caveats.

The reaction SMARTs is: [*:1][S+]([O-])[*:2]>>[*:1][S](=[O])[*:2] – You apparently need the mapping (:1, :2) to enable it to carry over the input group to output.  (You can use A in place of * on reactant side (keeping * on product side) if all you want to do is aliphatic C’s bonded to S).  The problem is that the output molecule has coordinates of (0,0,0) for both O and S so it looks like a mess.  There is an RDKit Generate Coords node that can fix it to look better but the coordinates are totally different than the zwitterion input file.  Basically it appears to do a 2D clean – this can be good or a disaster depending on the structure. 

Oddly if you try to define the mapping for S and O too with [*:1][S+:3]([O-:4])[*:2]>>[*:1][S:3](=[O:4])[*:2] then it fails with the message that a product molecule could not be sanitized successfully.

If the molecule contains 2 zwiterionic sulfoxides, e.g., MeS+(O-)CH2CH2S+(O-)Et you get 2 output products MeS(=O)CH2CH2S+(O-)Et  and MeS+(O-)CH2CH2S(=O)Et but not the doubly processed molecule MeS(=O)CH2CH2S(=O)Et.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.