Re-execution of component in webportal

Hi Team,

While we were working with web portal we were able to see that on click of the “next” button in webportal view the whole component gets re-executed, which should not be happening in our case.
Kindly provide your inputs on the saem.

Regards,
Partha

Hey @partha_zf,

there is currently no way to circumvent this. The reason we are doing this is, that we need to apply the potential user data to the downstream workflow. What is the problem for you?

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like

Hey @DanielBog,

Thanks for your fast response, I am trying to create a component which lets the user to annotate the data points in the scatter plot, as there can be more than one iteration to label the data the below is the logic I have used:

• once the user gives a label to a data point it will be stored as a temp file in the workflow data area
  • there can be two or more such files created based on the user input
  • at the end user gets an option to end/finish labeling the points at that time all the temp files will be read and the temp files will be deleted as a last step (working as expected in Analytics platform)

(but in web portal)

• As the next button re executes the whole component all my previous inputs which was stored in the temp file are lost and only the latest entry in the UI is propagated

Please let me know if you got my problem.

Regards,
Partha

Hey Partha,

I guess I would try to have the deletion of the temp files not in the same component as the rest, but rather at the start of the next component or an intermediate component without any views. That way the re-execution of the component shouldn’t mess with the temp files.

Maybe one other thing that could of interest to you (if you don’t know about it already), there is a node called “Labeling View” which lets you annotate data points. It does work together with a scatter plot so that you can interactively select the points in the scatter plot and just hit ones the label in the labeling view.

Maybe with that view you can even build something that you don’t need to write out intermediate results. (depends on the use case) What you are doing sounds very similar to what we did for active learning.

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like