read the file name

Hello,
for a task I have to trim/manage different file (thanks cell splitter node!) :joy:
file name:
20220507 etc

How can i read the name of that files in order to write a index.xls file with the name of these files i managed?
In the reality the task is little bit different and complex, but this example should allow me and you to understand to context: select the name of the files and write it in another file.

This help me to check if i missing some files.

Hi @gcas

With the Column Expression you can perform a bunch of actions related to file paths, including but not limited to: name, extension, parent folder, etc.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

@gcas you could try several file operations. Reading file names and meta information, building new file names and doing operations:

At the bottom of this collection there is an example how to use the new “Create File/Folder Variables” node:

Thanks a lot @ArjenEX: this is the node i’m looking for.

1 Like

HELLO BACK @ ArjenEX
I don’t know why but I’m not able to find the node Column Expression suggested by you

immagine

FIXED! I have to install KNIME EXPRESSIONE and this allow the solution you suggest

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.