Rendering / Scaling of chemical structures in KNIME Reports

Hi all,

I am trying to compile a report containing chemical structures and statistical data calculated with R nodes.

Basically each line contains a Structure-ID, a picture of the structure and some further columns with data.

I would like to have the structure in a size, that's visually easily perceptiple, say 4 x 4 cm. I can set this in the report layout, but when I export the report to PDF or HTML, the pictures of the structures are of very low quality, i.e. very pixelated.

This is independent of the renderer I use, I tried RDKit and CDK.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Two comments:

- you can set a resolution in the Data To Report node (set a high resolution and scale it down in BIRT?)

- for PDF image resolution, read this thread here: http://tech.knime.org/forum/knime-reporting/chart-quality

(We have yet to get dynamic SVG images enabled in the reporting. We looked into it but it turns out not to be easy.)

Regards,
  Bernd

I initially had this problem of poor quality images, as Bernd says, increase the resolution  in the Data to Report node (in the KNIME Workflow, not in the Report designer) and I found a setting of 400 x 400 custom image scaling was very good. And in the report my structures were added as Dynamic Images.

Simon.

Thanks guys, that helped!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.