Reporting formatting

Hello, I am generating an automatic report in PowerPoint (PPT). I am adding some hardcoded text that is supposed to be modified by the final user after the generation of the PPT. This hardcoded text has different fonts and colours on the same line, and to achieve the same result I used HTML in the textbox. The problem is that the final slide does not contain a unique text box, instead each style is added as a new text box. This makes it extremely difficult for the user to modify the content. Is there a way to avoid this behaviour?

Hi @sgnan

Where does KNIME come into play with this issue?

1 Like

Hello, I am using the KNIME built-in implementation of BIRT.

Hi @sgnan
Would it be possible for you to share the BIRT part of the workflow with some dummy data?

Hello @Alice_Krebs, I made a minimal workflow to show the issue. If you generate the produced report as a PowerPoint, you will see that each time I change colour, or style in general, a new text box is created. The same happens when I try to create a list.

PPT_Report.knwf (12.9 KB)

Hi @sgnan

Thanks for the workflow! Made it clear :slight_smile:
I’m afraid that behavior is something that comes from the underlying BIRT framework and not from KNIME. It’s known that their PPTX Emitter is a bit clunky. I have found THIS, but the version we are using is higher than what they mention there, so seems there was no improvement. So I guess the answer is no, there is no way to avoid this behavior, I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer and can’t help.

Best,
Alice

1 Like

Hello @Alice_Krebs, thank you for your reply!
Best,
Ste

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.