REST API calls from Nuxt Application

I am building out an application in Nuxt/Vue with a Knime Server backend.

I have changed the web.xml to allow cross-origin while developing, but I still get a CORS error in the browser console and network tab.

However, the request still goes through and dumps to the Node console. That data is not available to Vue.

1. Are there any examples of a React or Vue app being used with Knime REST API?
  2. Other than the web.xml configuration what else allows CORs to go through?

Rest Call:

async getData() {
      var data;

var config = {
        method: 'get',
        url: 'https://knime.ilab.zone/knime/rest/v4/repository/AWARE/Production/API/footprint_with_pop_density_visual/aware_footprint_pop_density_visual:execution',
        headers: { 
          'Authorization': 'Basic token'
        },
        data : data
      };

try {
        this.aware = await axios(config);
      } catch (e) {
        console.log('Error: ', e)
      }

console.log('Data: ', this.aware.data)
    }

Browser Console:

Node Console:

Hi,
Have you already checked these two forum posts and followed the instructions to set up the KNIME Server properly?

Best,
Michael

So I did everything in those posts.

I changed the web.xml. I am paying for Knime medium and large right now.

So when I add the headers as suggested at
Apache Tomcat 9 Configuration Reference (9.0.46) - Container Provided Filters the Knime executor does not come back up and it does not correct the CORs error via a rest call using Axios etc.

cURL works. I can make calls in postman. I even get the data in the terminal of my application. Just not within Chrome or any other browser and React or Vue does not have access to it.

I understand CORs. I just don’t think changing it in Tomcat is all that needs to be done here.